Birdbrain Stuff

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Final Scarboro Walk

Decided to do the Harbour and Fish Quay before the return to the grim wastelands of W.Yorks.
First off were c25 Turnstone sheltering under a car! They soon came out and crept around and about pedestrians feet.



I met a local birder and we got nattering about the Black-necked Grebe that fooled me (Sorry but I didn't lose any sleep). The creature then came close to and we both fired away.





The harbour wall was next for Purple Sandpiper; I did something right and got reasonable shots of one. A Rock Pipit or two eluded my camera and I missed a Kingfisher as I turned around while chatting to another birder. A Skylark flew overhead and a Grey Wagtail was just behind my back as I conclude.




All in all an enjoyable 4 days; I can add 5 to the annual list and also saw a pr Dolphin I forgot to mention from Monday.